Battle for the Snail!
Warhammer Kill Team League
Bring your Kommandos, Pathfinders, and Scouts deep into enemy territory and fight to control the strangely coveted xenos known as the Silver Snail.
Starting March 30th, every Sunday from 1-5pm, the Snail will be hosting a Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team League. Each game will give you a chance to earn victory points and move you higher up the ladder. The top three players after six weeks will win prizes. There is a one time entry fee of $5 to join the league. Attendance isn't mandatory, but the more games you play, the more victory points you can score and increase your chance to win it all.
How to play
To sign up, come into the store and ask to join the Warhammer League, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for building your army
Keep these guidelines in mind when building your Kill Team:
- Point Limit is 200
- You may take:
- 0-1 Elite
- 0-2 Troops
- 0-1 Fast Attack
- You must purchase complete squads. You cannot take, for example, a single Tactical Space Marine or a single Eldar Harlequin.
- No model may have a 2+ armour save, no model may have more than 3 wounds, and vehicles front/side/rear armour values my not excede 33
- Rules from Forge World’s productions are not in use at Kill Team. However, you may use the models where they appropriately represent a Codex entry (eg. Contemptor Dreadnought as a Dreadnought, of Death Korps of Krieg as Imperial Guardsmen).
- Rules and unit entries from other Warhammer 40,000 expansions, eg Apocalypse, Planetstrike, Cities of Death and Spearhead are not in use.
- You may not take allies or fortifications.
- As no units may be kept in reserve , you may not take any Flyers.
Every Man for Himself
All models operate as individual units in this mission, even if they were chosen as part of a squad or squadron. (Note – this includes upgrades that are represented by models with their own stat-line eg Tau Drones or Fenrisian Wolves). In addition, when a model shoots or fights in an assault, it may split its attacks up amongst any eligible targets if desired. If any model has the Independent Character rule, he may not join other models to form a unit of two.
Take the Loot!
The standard rules for controlling objectives are not in use. For this mission, all non-vehicle models are scoring units, and all models (vehicles included) are denial units.
We will still be running our casual Magic the Gathering night on Thursdays as well. So feel free to bring a deck along to play while you wait to get in your Kill Team game.
Don't forget: every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month we have a free painting station and an expert in-store to teach you whatever modelling or painting techniques you'd like to learn.